Saturday, March 21, 2020

Tim’s birthday

Sunday:

I’ve been having problems with this blog for months, where I can’t respond to people’s comments. So if it looks like I don’t read them or don’t care, not true! It a bit frustrating, i really do appreciate comments.

I guess we’re a bit isolated in Australia, and also “social distancing” is pretty much the norm here - we like a lot of personal space and don’t generally stand close. So Corvid19 hasn’t really taken hold (yet). But i do see that the news from the rest of the world is worrying.

Shopping here has gone in a few weeks from it being difficult to get toilet paper/tissues/paper towels, then add rice and pasta to that list, then I went shopping yesterday and most of the shelves were empty or nearly so. Still plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables - I suppose because they are perishable none hoards them - but meat and lots of other things were gone. I was able to get food for the week, but not necessarily things I would usually buy, and not the things Tim had requested for his birthday dinner. Supermarkets have now restricted purchases to one or two of each thing, which hopefully will stop people being so selfish when stocks do come in.

We didn’t have a family get-together this weekend despite two birthdays. Tim and I are both a bit unwell, most likely not Corvid19 but we don’t want to pass any type of illness on! But the person we want most to protect, Tim’s father who is over 70 and has prostate cancer, wanted to come over and is still going out to restaurants and stuff so he’s certainly not self-isolating. We wouldn’t let anyone come over, and I probably won’t go to work tomorrow.

I gave Tim a really elaborate board game called Gloomhaven, it weighs about 10 kg was over $200. We’ve started that and it seems pretty good. Each session is supposed to take about 2 hours (we’ve taken 5 and haven’t finished, but we’re still working out all the rules) but there is a big storyline and all future sessions will link together so it could take years! Good one for if we’re all in isolation.

Hope your all staying well.

No comments:

Post a Comment