Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Emails

Wednesday:

I called the interview people yesterday about how the date I'd been told over the phone wasn't the same as the date on the follow-up email. I was told 'yes we changed it'.  Excuse me?? Of course I just said ok, but that seems a really shoddy way of doing things. I agreed to a time and date and then they changed it without asking, or even highlighting the fact it was changed. The email didn't say it had been changed, it just mentioned the date along with all the info like what I needed to bring. Luckily I read it carefully and didn't rely on what I'd been told. And I was able to change my work experience days this week to accommodate the interview. They sent exactly the same email again to me today. Maybe they got a lot of queries! I go to my interview tomorrow feeling slightly reserved about their organisational and communication skills.

Today I sent (or tried to send) a document from my work email to my home email. It was blocked due to "banned words". I'll have to read it carefully to find out what naughty words are in a cataloguing manual!

My supervisor at work filled in her part of my final assessment today (my teacher visits on Monday to watch me work and will fill out the other half) and emailed it to me tonight and it was lovely. Everything ticked at the highest level and very nice comments. I've really enjoyed working there and everyone has been great. My husband jokes that they get free work from students, but actually they spend far more time teaching me than they get in return. They have all been so generous with their time. A box of chocolates seems a bit ordinary as a thank you gift, maybe a plant for the office? I'm a bit worried it will die in the freezing conditions in there!

We have a lot of little children in the family (five, at the moment) and we tend to host the big events like Christmas so even our big extendable table is getting crowded. So I ordered a kids' table and chairs online and it came today. My kids and I put it together this afternoon. I've ordered an extra chair which hasn't come yet. I'm a bit worried that all the chairs are different colours - what if they all want to sit in the same one! But the set is sturdy and attractive.


No comments:

Post a Comment