Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Two job offers

Thursday:

I got a call while I was shopping this morning. That job I won ages ago, supposed to start last October, to fill in for someone on maternity leave, but then there was a hiring freeze so it fell through. Well the freeze is over and they want me to start as soon as we can get the paperwork done, hopefully Monday! There's only seven weeks left before the real employee comes back, but who knows it could lead somewhere. I'm not looking forward to the 45 min drive through city traffic, but the job itself should be good. I'll be nearly full-time hours, the longest working days I've had for a long time. Tiring. Exciting but also rather scary.

I'm glad I've lost the weight I put on over Christmas, all the new clothes I bought last year will fit better.

And I'm glad I didn't sign up for a course I was thinking of doing.

The dry mouth side effect of Duromine was getting rather unpleasant, I skipped taking it today and filled my repeat script for the 15mg. I'll try going back down to that for a while. The 30mg didn't seem to be having an increased effect except for the dry mouth, in fact the past few days I've eaten way too much junk - a lot of chocolate. But that might have been getting over the flu and/or boredom. Soon I won't have time to be bored.

Later:

So.... when I was interviewed for the above job, there were managers of two branches doing the interviewing. This afternoon the second one called offering a job! When I told her the other one had already called, she laughed and laughed. It’s all a bit messy now. The first offer is further away and only for seven weeks, but she was very accommodating about my hours (I want to leave early two days a week to drive kids to sport) and has already put the paperwork in with admin - although I hadn’t signed anything yet. The second one is closer and until the end of June - more than four months, and could be extended - but the job is full time and she might not be as flexible about hours, and it will include school holidays.

The second manager called the first and tried to get her to give me up, but she wouldn’t, so I had to email her that I withdrew my acceptance and now I feel sick. I shouldn’t, they wasted months of my time when I could have been looking for work! This is only a day. I hope I made the right decision. I’m unlikely to start Monday as there are police clearances etc and this would have been the case with the other one too. What if full time is too much? Now I have to think about school holidays - and we won’t be going to France any time soon. And there’s the kids before and after school activities. I’m all churned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment