Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Long week

Sunday:

I’ve finished my first full week of the new job. It’s been a bit turbulent. On Monday there was heavier traffic than I was expecting and I was 15 mins late, which wasn’t a drama for them but I found it embarrassing since it was only my second day. Lots of new things to learn all day and then horrible traffic on the way home. I was stressed about my kids home alone, and stressed about all the before and after school activities I had to get them to somehow while working full time. I was physically and mentally exhausted and miserable, wondering if I could tough this out.

Tuesday was better, I felt I was getting the hang of things. But then Wednesday Tim had to get up early for a flight so I woke too, did the grocery shopping before work, and I was on the circulation desk all day (helping people, mostly on my feet) and I was so tired again I wanted to quit. Thursday I was on late shift so I got to lie down for 15 mins in the morning after getting the kids to school and doing some housework before work ... I felt less exhausted Friday so maybe I’m getting used to it?

The job itself is fine, I’m quite enjoying it and the people are nice. I’ll write more about that next time.

I didn’t take Duromine this week, I was worried it could contribute to anxiety (although it’s never had that effect on me before) and difficulty sleeping. I did sleep better without it. But I’m back on it now. I am really keen to lose a few more kilograms. I’m determined to fit into those lovely black trousers this winter!

Jasmine had exciting news, she moved up to level 3 in Acrogymnastics at the start of this year and now she’s jumped up to 3A. She will be in a trio for the first time, instead of a pair, one of two bases with a littler girl as the ‘top’. From 3A the competitions get more serious, they judge things like synchronicity and the dance elements as well as the lifts and throws. It means up to 9 hours a week practice instead of 4! And proper fancy costumes instead of the team uniform. And National competitions instead of just State! So proud of her.

2 comments:

  1. A little more than a year ago when I was in training for my job, I was about 10 minutes late one day because I was stuck in traffic. I sat there so long that I was able to text my manager to tell him I'd be late. I rushed in and was so flustered and upset that I fainted (I'm a fainter anyway). I was quite embarrassed but everyone was kind to me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds stressful! Often we make things a bigger deal in our heads than they really are, but in the first few weeks we are making the impression that our boss and co-workers will remember forever so it's not that strange to be worried about being on time.

      I don't faint but I do get a brain freeze where I can't think or make decisions if I get really flustered.

      Delete