Thursday, June 20, 2019

News

Thursday:

First of all, my brother is fine. He knew about the scheduled procedure, and made it to the appointment, and they didn’t find cancer. He’s recovering at home. So that is good news.

Things got interesting at work. I had four weeks planned working at another location - same ultimate employer but different cluster of libraries - higher pay and closer to home. My manager had encouraged it from the start and her boss had approved it. I’d done all the paperwork. Then yesterday Human Resources told me I wasn’t allowed to do Higher Duties in a different cluster! So I had to make a decision. The new job was starting with four weeks, but probably offering around four months work over a six month period (with nice breaks in between) - after that who knows? The current job had just offered me another nine months. I talked to Tim and thought about it overnight, but didn’t have to think too hard. The new job has everything I want (other than job security) so I’m resigning from my current job so I can take up the other one. HR forced me into it! I let everyone know today, of course they were all very sad! I’ll still be there for a few more weeks, and who knows maybe they’ll want me back as a casual when I’m free.

Now I have a bit of experience I’m not really worried about getting more work.

I finished my Diploma of Library and Information Services a year ago, finally my Graduation ceremony is tomorrow. I have no idea why it’s a whole year later. Of course I got them to mail me the actual diploma a long time ago. I wasn’t going to go, too difficult to juggle the kids after-school stuff and get into the city after work. But when I didn’t send in an acceptance they called me to say I’m getting an award! So of course I have to go.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that it all worked out, both for your new job and your brother :-)
    Anne

    ReplyDelete