Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Home alone

Wednesday....I think:

Lockdown restrictions are being lifted in stages, the kids are back at school full-time this week and Tim’s work returned to normal hours last week. We’ve had relatively few Covid19 cases in Australia and less than 100 deaths. My library is open, with social distancing rules, but I don’t expect to get any work this term as no one is taking leave. Why do they call it social distancing? We’re supposed to stay socially connected. It should be called physical distancing. Anyway I’m home alone for the first time since this started.

I’m down with a cold, no idea how I caught it as I rarely go anywhere or see anyone now! We did have a few family over on Sunday but I got sick Monday which Tim says is too soon to have caught it from them - although I was unable to dodge a hug from my father-in-law. Honestly, he is the most at risk (over 70 and with cancer) and the least careful. I’m sure it is only a cold as it’s a runny nose with no Covid symptoms, but if anything changes of course I will get tested.

I’ll be turning 50 in a few weeks. Haven’t been able to make any party plans. Not sure what I would have done anyway. I quite like the idea of a fancy High Tea somewhere with a view. Elegant. But we’ll see how things are going closer to the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment