Sunday, December 2, 2018

Excellence again

Monday:

The state final of Acrogym was on Saturday, and Jasmine and her partner Rebekah came 4th! Excellent result. Jasmine and Elise were 7th last year so that is a great improvement. Level one last year, level two this year, we're expecting her to definitely go up to three with that result. Nearly on the podium! The air conditioning in the gym was broken and it was 33C outside so it was a long hot afternoon, worse down on the floor for the acrobats in their long-sleeve leotards. I think quite a few of the kids were struggling due to that. Jasmine's partner made a few mistakes. Still a great result.

Today Aiden's school had its Excellence Awards, he won in Mathematics for his class as he did last year but also received a special science award (only two for the school) with a lovely medallion from the nearby nuclear science research facility. My father-in-law used to work there, and is not allowed to talk about it. We're so proud of Aiden! Only a few more weeks of Primary School. Jasmine is also getting excellent results in her school work.

My weight is currently 74.5kg. I've started the CSIRO low carb diet, but fruit is so gorgeous this time of year I'm not being as low carb as I'm supposed to.

I'm getting to the gym two or three times a week, not too bad but I should go more. On the other hand, it's keeping me out of the garden as morning gym class time is the best time to be out working in the garden - it gets too hot later - and the gym doesn't have lunchtime classes. The garden is suffering from a bit of neglect, everything is growing crazily and needs attention.

I haven't heard anything from that TAFE library job but I have an interview in a week for a position at a public library on Saturdays, which mostly suits me ok as Tim is home with the kids. Of course it would interfere with various things, but I need to get some experience on paper so I can get a proper job. It's in the city in a well-to-do area near the harbour, pictures on the library on the internet look lovely. Travel would be over an hour each way, but at least it is near a train station. Only one day a week advertised, but you never know what it could become.

No comments:

Post a Comment