Wednesday, December 12, 2018

View

Wednesday:

I had a job interview yesterday for a Saturday-only position in a library in the city. It’s not ideal but I need some experience for my resume. It’s a long commute, not the duties I prefer, only one long day a week, and I’ll see my husband even less than I do now. But it’s definitely work I am qualified for - customer service. The interview seemed to go well, I was able to answer all the questions and I nailed the role play of showing a pretend customer how to borrow an e-book (they offered me time to prepare for that which I declined, I use that app all the time at home to borrow from my own library!). The library itself was lovely, only two years old. Actually I didn’t get to see much of it, I was taken straight to the interview room and when that was over I was put in a staff lift that deposited me outside!

Exciting today, the window is being installed in our back room to give a view of the swimming pool. It will get more light into the room too, but mainly I wanted to be able to see out.

We had a very late night on Monday. My niece had her dance concert and it was 45 mins drive away and went until 10.30. So late for the little ones! And for me, with my job interview the next morning. Emma is only five, in the youngest group who don’t do that much, but the oldest dancers were 16-18 and the concert overall was excellent. Worth seeing even if my niece wasn’t in it!

On the weekend we went to another niece’s 2nd birthday party, then to an Acrogym Christmas party at Flip Out - an indoor trampoline warehouse thing. Neither was air conditioned (Flip Out had fans that everyone crowded in front of) so it was a long stinking hot day that I didn’t really enjoy at all. I don’t deal with heat well. Also even the little bit of junk food I ate (two mini doughnuts) made me feel worse. I wanted to be home in the air con or the pool!

Only two weeks until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment