Friday, September 20, 2019

Competition

Friday:

We just got back from a week in Queensland, where Jasmine participated in a National Gymnastics competition. Her part, Acrobatic Gymnastics, was held over four days with all the different levels and age groups. It was a real challenge for her trio, they had been competing at level 3A (and came 4th in the state) but the National competition started at level 4 so they had less than a month to learn some more difficult skills and change their routines. They’ve been working really hard. Unfortunately in their first routine they fell out of the tower skill after less than a second (you have to hold it for 3 seconds) and lost a lot of points. Abbey, the little ‘top’ of the trio was very upset. But they came back strong in their second routine and I was very proud of them.

I don't have the professional photos yet, this is a blurry still from the video I took.
 And a couple of shots of our club's highest level athletes.
The big excitement was that Jasmine’s club, Acrogym, came first overall! We are the Australian National champions!
We didn’t get much time off from watching and supporting the team, but we did manage a little time at the beach, and one morning at SeaWorld. And we had a lovely view from our hotel.
I only gained 0.5 kg which I was very happy about considering we ate out every meal, plus some snacks. We did do a lot of walking. But also a lot of sitting!

I had a funny time at the doctor's last week. I'd only seen her once before, a month before when she gave me a script for Duromine (phentermine). At that appointment she didn't weigh me, I told her I'd weighed 77kg that morning and she accepted that figure.

At this second appointment I told her that I had lost 3kg in the first two weeks, nothing in the second two weeks. She put me on her scale, which she couldn't get to work for a while - probably flat batteries. When I finally stepped on, it showed 68.7 kg, a huge loss. I tried a couple of times to insist it couldn’t be right, I hadn’t lost that much, I had weighed myself at home on my usual scale. But she didn’t seem to listen and just kept praising the loss and I gave up, I’m not very assertive. But it means she has that on my record now and the next weigh-in is going to be very disappointing!

1 comment: