Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Plague

Wednesday:

When family came over on Sunday, I wasn’t doing dinner so it was just the boys for Dungeons and Dragons, but as usual my brother-in-law brought five-year-old Emma. It was clear she wasn’t her usual self. She lay on the lounge, coughing and whining for daddy, and watched TV for three hours. I was quite angry at Nick for bringing her when she was obviously sick - both for her sake and for ours - (of course I didn’t actually say anything to him, I avoid confrontation like the plague, or apparently even more than I avoid the plague) and guess what, now I’m sick. Not happy!

Oh well, I can’t argue with the timing. I got to enjoy my birthday.


2 comments:

  1. That's sad. Confrontation is difficult--especially with family.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like conflict, but I also hate making other people feel bad! So I usually just keep quiet about whatever is bugging me (except for complaining to Tim or bitching about it here!) And I'm sure I've spread sickness around many times myself. But it's hard to be fair when I'm feeling sick.

      Delete