Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Acrogymnastics

Wednesday:

Jasmine had her Spring Cup on the weekend for Acrogymnastics. It's the first competition of the year, a small invitational, with the State Trials starting in three weeks and the State Finals at the start of December. We were a bit worried this year, she did so well in level one last year but she has a new younger partner this year for level two (they compete as pairs or trios, Jasmine is the 'base' doing all the lifting and Becky is the 'top' - her partner of last year grew and is now a 'base' herself). But we needn't have worried - they came first in Balance routine and second in Dynamic routine - first overall! There were about nine pairs in her class, the State Trials of course will be much bigger. 

We are all sick... again. Tim came home Friday with a hacking cough and runny nose, I started to feel ill Sunday afternoon, Aiden yesterday. Jasmine has a sore throat but otherwise is ok so far. It is so annoying, I feel like we've hardly had a well day this winter season. The germs go round and round. 

My weight was much the same this Monday, 72.8 kg I think. 

I'm two weeks into eating four slices of bread a day to see if I react to gluten. So far it seems like I don't (which is great!). I've had stomach pains twice, both times after eating more heavily processed carby foods - 2 min noodles, and chocolate biscuits. My mouth ulcers flared up once, almost immediately after eating half a packet of Mentos (chewy fruit-flavoured lollies). The inside of my cheeks felt shredded. I've always associated it with eating sugar. I'll keep going with the bread, although it doesn't really fit with my idea of an ideal diet, so I can have the blood test and be sure, but it seems like it's not gluten. 

School holidays have started, but with us all sick we haven't done much. Today Jasmine rearranged the games shelves (into age/difficulty levels) and pulled out some board games that she doesn't remember ever playing - some I don't remember playing! We used to buy them regularly and have been given quite a few over the years but play on computers more nowadays or play the same few games over and over. The kids and I played two this afternoon, Mindtrap and Dominion (haven't finished Dominion, it said 30 mins on the box but that was a lie!), both good. Still eleven more in the pile to play - we have a lot of games! About 50 currently on the shelves (not including the 11 + 2), and that is after a cull when we moved here. And several boxes of 'Magic the Gathering' cards. The only one I really dislike is chess. I don't have the patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment