Wednesday, October 6, 2010

W16 D5 - very sick of being sick

Well last Wednesday, the day of the previous post, I went to the gym and did a gentle half hour on the bike. I felt ok. Then I did the grocery shopping. They were doing some work on the road outside the shopping centre so I had to park further away, and walking back to the car with a full trolley was hard work. By the time I got home I felt exhausted, so much so that I was in some emotional distress. I asked my mother to stay a bit longer, she babysat while I took an hour nap.

The next day I was ok again and had a lovely day, I went to Floriade (local tulip festival) and sat on the balcony of the cafe there for a couple of hours. I read some of the stories I am judging for a competition, looking up every so often to see the lovely sweep of flowers. I also had a couple of brisk walks.

But on Friday I came down sick again. Still cold or flu - runny nose, headache and aching teeth. I was feeling mostly better by Tuesday, a couple of days ago. But last night the sore throat started up again. Horrible all day today.

My poor 3 year old son has been sick the whole 4 weeks too; like me he gets better for a couple of days then gets sick again. Is it all one 'flu or are we catching a sucession of them? My husband was sick for one week, my daughter not at all.

I am so sick of being sick for weeks and weeks. I realise that on a global scale I am not very sick at all and I am very lucky that my husband is the main breadwinner so we can get away with me not working, and also I have had quite a few child-free days during the period. But I am still sick of it.

And I am making no progress at all towards my 12kg weight loss by Christmas goal. I am perhaps eating a little less, but not exercising at all. On Sunday - or it might have been Monday - I weighed 82.4kg.

Ow my throat hurts. And I am tired. But I need to go and make dinner for hungry children. And life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment