Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

Monday:

I went for a walk this evening and thought about my New Year's Resolutions. I will only deal with my health/weight-loss resolutions here.

2012 was certainly imperfect in many ways, BUT

1. Yesterday is not tomorrow. Yes, I know that Dr Phil says that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, but I can't live as if that was true for me or I'll never get anywhere. I am putting aside regret, shame and guilt for not achieving my goals already. Every decision is a new chance to make a better choice.

2. Exercise every day. 30 mins minimum. An hour would be better. Two hours would be wonderful. But if I can only manage 30 mins, then that is better than nothing. Much better.

3. Follow my pre-diabetic diet guidelines. Restrictive, punishing diets are not sustainable. But I will count my carbs and stay within my limits. I'll track again (just carbs) until I am sure I have a handle on that.

4. Hydrate hydrate hydrate! One glass of water with lemon and two cups of tea a day are not enough.

And that is all.

I've been feeling particularly yuck for the past few days. I've had sciatica (pains from my lower back going down my leg) since Christmas, probably due to compression in my back from so much standing in the kitchen. I've had it before, but never for more than one day at a time. Also lower back pain, I've been using the massage chair a lot which helps. And headaches and general yuckness from the heat and (probably) dehydration. I am so looking forward to feeling healthier. It isn't aways about the scale.

Goodbye 2012

picture by Alex Abion

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Looking forward is the way to go!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haapy happy Natalie - hope you have a lean, mean, 2013. All the best.

    ReplyDelete