Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Shopping

Wednesday:

It's been a busy couple of days. I spent all of yesterday (school hours at least) at the big shopping centre buying things like steak knives, presents for Aiden's birthday, and specific clothes for Jasmine to wear in her upcoming dance concert. Why, when she has to dance in "normal" clothes, are they never things she already owns?! And I have to learn how to do a double French braid in her hair.

I reeled back in horror a couple of times while checking prices. I was considering some wicking sports socks until I was told they are $35 a pair! And then did you know official Apple iPad cases can be nearly $200? They were selling the front and the back separately, I think the back was about $100 and the front $80 or something. I went elsewhere. Oh, and a set of four mixing bowls, quite pretty in different shades of blue plastic, $70. For plastic. Am I being unrealistic to think this is crazy?

Today included a trip to the hardware store to get all the weird lightbulbs that match the fittings this house has, and I did about 83 loads of laundry.

I was very excited yesterday to find that my weight had gone down to 79.9 kg. Under 80! A real milestone. This morning it was 80.0 but I know it fluctuates daily and will go down again. This WOE is really working for me. I never feel hungry except when I should (when I haven't eaten for hours and a mealtime is approaching) and I don't have uncontrollable cravings. I can resist snacking even when I'm bored, or watching TV in the evening.

I still don't enjoy my tea without sugar though.

And I'm still waiting for wonderful sleep and boundless energy.

4 comments:

  1. How about trying some stevia in your tea? I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried Stevia before but it never seemed to have any sweetness at all. Also I'm not keen on the processed bleached powdered stuff you can buy. Makes me wonder how they turn a fresh green leaf into a pure white powder. Hmmm, I have seen the plant in nurseries I might try growing it and using the fresh version, thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. Maybe I've been doing it all wrong, but can't see that a half teaspoon in mah coffee is ruinous... Heresy, I know! But my tastes have definitely changed, I've only a fraction of the sweet tooth I USED to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's just a little bit, the concern is if it doesn't let you break a sugar addiction. (Full disclosure, at the time of writing this reply I'm back to having half a sachet of sugar in my tea!)

      Delete