Thursday, April 5, 2018

Say nothing

Friday:

I've been in touch with my work placement boss, so that is all sorted out. Of course on my first day, both children's schools have a "staff development day" and will be at home so I've got to get that organised!

At TAFE yesterday the young woman I sit next to, who was away last week, had a really bad black eye. I didn't say anything. It's such a stereotypical my husband/father/boyfriend beat me up thing I was scared to bring it up and embarrass her. But she was probably in a car accident or something and now it looks like I don't care? Other people in my class would have already seen her earlier in the week so if they were going to ask, they probably did days ago. She's probably told her story fourteen times already. Some situations are just awkward. My usual strategy is; if in doubt, say nothing.

I woke early yesterday with a very upset tummy. On and off bad all day. Bit fed up with the whole feeling sick thing, to be honest! Better today. And Aiden is finally more-or-less over his cough. And I didn't have brain-fog like I did with the flu so I managed to get a TAFE assignment done. I got back one I lodged a couple of weeks ago while sick (on the second try, first time I lodged I uploaded the cover sheet twice), only missed one thing, 14/15 so I was happy with that. There is only one week left of this term so a lot of things have been due.

Weekend again already? Time is speeding up.

No comments:

Post a Comment