Monday, August 13, 2018

Another week

Monday:

Another new week. Doesn't time just roll on by! This morning my weight was up a little more, 71.7 kg (I think, I kind of forgot before I wrote it down). Still working on that. It's that time of the month when I eat more chocolate. And everything else. Even when taking Duromine.

I'm still taking the Duromine (phentermine) but I have one or two days without it each week, to have a break from the dry mouth or if I'm sick or occasionally if I sleep late and don't want to take it late because it might affect my sleep that night. I'm trying to increase my exercise; did dance and walk yesterday, walk today.

I did my volunteer duty at Aiden's school library today, then grocery shopping, then an afternoon of bills and paperwork. We chose a solar power company, based mainly on the quality of materials they use. We've decided to go with more solar panels than we expect to use (there were differing opinions about whether this is a good idea or not); it helps future-proof us if we need more later, our electricity company pays for excess power that we send back into the grid (not as much as we pay them for electricity!!) which helps cover our night-time non-solar usage cost, and solar power that we sent to the grid that someone else uses helps save the environment because the electricity company isn't burning as much coal or whatever. Bigger up-front cost, of course. But it only takes a few years to pay for itself. And we're helping the environment! And therefore our own health. You can get a battery to store excess day-time power to use at night, but they are not cost effective at around $14000. We are better off selling excess to the grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment