Monday, August 20, 2018

Hayfever

Monday:

My food choices have been terrible this week. Not only too much junk, but also hardly fruit or vegetables. I’ve been affected badly by hay fever for a few weeks, I hardly ever get serious symptoms but this year the entire state is in drought plus it is very windy so pollens and allergens are everywhere even though it is still winter. When I was buying some medication the pharmacist told me everyone is bad this year. When I feel unwell I generally turn to ‘comfort’ food which does not help my body heal! I need nutrients, not over-processed frankenfood! Determined to do better this week.

My weight is up more than a kilogram to 72.9 kg.

Tim has asthma, luckily he doesn't seem too badly impacted by the conditions although other asthmatics I know are. But he is a heavy breather while asleep (not only now, always) which I find very frustrating. We don't have a spare room here for me to retreat to. My current solution is to have a 'daybed', Aiden's old bed tucked behind the three-seater in the lounge room. The kids (and visiting children) love lying on it during the day, and I can stumble out there when the loud breathing gets too annoying. I mainly use it on weekends when I would love to have a sleep-in but never can with Tim beside me - and he always sleeps in on the weekend, he needs it after a tiring week. It means I don't start the day full of resentment that he gets to sleep in and I don't.

The past two weeks there has been a substitute instead of the usual teacher-librarian at my son’s school. This morning there was no-one, and it was still dark and quiet. I went in and turned on some lights and the computer and sat there for half an hour just in case. Generally class 4G are being taught research skills and borrowing books on Monday mornings, and pairs of children return books for their classes, which I scan in and return to the shelves. Today only one class apparently didn’t get the memo and returned a few books for me to process. It was kind of weird sitting there in the gloom (I didn’t bother finding light switches for the whole library). But it got me out of the house for a nice walk there and back. I hope the teacher-librarian is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment