Friday, April 18, 2014

Scale says holidays are fattening

Saturday:

I thought I did pretty well on our little holiday - sure we ate out every meal but we only had dessert once the whole time and didn't eat much between meals, and we did lots more exercise than I am used to with walking everywhere. But my scale says no. Restaurant food (and some fast food) all full of fat and salt and probably sugar.

It's Easter tomorrow which for us generally means a lot of chocolate. I tried to keep it a bit smaller this year but I don't think I succeeded, in the end. My son doesn't like chocolate much so I had to get him something else, and then his sister's treat looked too small in comparison so I got a bit more, plus the Easter bunny will leave more chocolate and non-chocolate treats around... I found out only a couple of years ago that it is an Easter tradition in this city to get kids new winter pyjamas for Easter, haven't started that one yet. We had some fun this morning making cardboard Easter baskets to collect eggs in - I enjoy that as much as the kids. My daughter's is just as neat as mine, Aiden's has a bit of extra glue and sticky tape.

I wish all of you the best of Easters in whatever way you celebrate and whatever that holiday means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment