Thursday, March 10, 2016

A mysterious smell

Thursday:

Tonight after Acrogym we picked up Indian takeaway: butter chicken, beef vindaloo (they asked if I wanted hot or medium, it's hard to know with a new restaurant but I said medium - so lucky I did! I could barely eat it even diluted with rice, I had to keep a glass of milk handy, I hope I don't suffer too much tomorrow) and salt and pepper squid.

As we got in the car, Jasmine commented on a horrible smell. For a moment I couldn't smell anything, but then there was a strong unpleasant fishiness that we could all smell. Was the squid badly past its use-by date? We drove home with the windows open, smelling it all the way, me thinking that I would have to throw out the squid as soon as we got home - straight into the outside bin. But we got home, took it inside, I smelled the squid up close... nothing. Light odour of spices and cooking fat. Minimal squidiness. Smelled everything else. Nothing. Went back out and checked the car. Nothing.

Maybe we followed a garbage truck home, with our car windows open. It was very odd.

1 comment:

  1. It might have been something outside of your car that you were smelling, which is good. Better than taking something rotten home!

    ReplyDelete