Monday, August 28, 2017

Where does the day go?

Monday:

I am down another 1.2 kg this week which I think is pretty good. Of course I would love to be one of those people for whom weight just falls off when they do the right things (eat less/stick to healthy food/exercise) but I can't compare myself to those people who lose 5kg or something in a week on Duromine - especially since their starting weight was probably much higher. 1.2 kg is great, and 3.5 kg in two weeks is even better! I doubt I've ever lost so much so fast. My face looks better already.

Also I have almost none of the side effects (or only mildly) that plague other people. At this point I'd recommend Duromine (phentermine) to anyone wanting to lose weight, as long as it's approved and prescribed by your doctor who says it's safe for you, but with the caveat that everyone has a different experience and it may not be right for you.

The morning was spent visiting the library, grocery shopping and watching the finale to Game of Thrones (very exciting), then lunch and another hour in the garden moving dirt around. Tim inexplicably filled the wheelbarrow with rocks on the weekend, so I had to use a bucket! Lots of trips back and forth. A cup of tea while studying my garden design library books, the kids come home from school and I spend an hour helping Jasmine revise for a Maths test tomorrow, then pay some bills, take Jasmine to dance lesson and it's time to make dinner... where does the day go? What about my own homework that I planned to do? And the baskets of laundry that need to be folded? And a couple of phone calls I wasn't looking forward to (oh deary me, have to put them off again) and all the other stuff.

I got about half of the things on my to-do list for the day ticked off, is that a pass mark?

2 comments:

  1. You got half your stuff done? That is more than a passing mark :) When there are kids in the mix, you're lucky to get to that point!

    That is very good news about your weight loss. Every person is different and comparing ourselves to others is pointless. And can be quite discouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I love my 'to do' lists, it gives me such a sense of achievement when I tick them off.

      Delete