Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another missed weigh-in

Friday:

May was a bit of a disaster in terms of weight loss; I barely exercised, ate a lot of junk, and unsurprisingly regained over a kg.

But the good news is that today is the start of a new WW week and is also the start of a new month (June) and a new season (Winter). A good day to take a deep breath and begin again.

It would have been good to get to myWW meeting this morning but I am down with the flu again. Day 3 of feeling like death warmed up. Actually, as usual for me lately, I have a pretty mild case; but I have general fatigue, a sore throat, and alternate sweating and chills that are particularly unpleasant at night. It is also TTOM, so I'm not sure if some of the aches and tiredness are attributable to that.

My interim goal is to look after myself by resting, drinking lots of fluid (as usual, a big issue for me), and nurturing my body with healthy food instead of junk. And start tracking again, even if I eat bad things! I have somehow got right out of the habit of tracking and rarely get past breakfast.

While dropping off my kids at school (I drove today) I saw a friend who I rarely get to talk to anymore since she started full-time work, and we stood chatting for a few minutes beside our cars (in the freezing cold!). We have discussed our weight often before -- she only has about 5 kg (12 pounds) to lose but has struggled with that little bit since I've known her -- and she commented that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight. I was wearing my lovely flattering new coat but I have lost a few kgs lately so that was nice to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment