Thursday, August 16, 2012

To Gecko or not to Gecko?

Thursday:

I felt a bit sluggish on the rower today, I assume due to my slight cold (feeling a lot better today already), but I still beat my previous best distance. 4.24 km in 30 mins today.

The kids are starting to get a bit resistant to going to Gecko fitness, although they loved it at first. We get home from school then have afternoon tea and change and go straight out again, three days a week. They don't get much time just to play. Or do their chores or homework. They already do gymnastics and violin lessons. Also, there are a couple of very disruptive little girls in the Gecko class who fight with each other and chew gum & eat lollies the whole time (while exercising!) and don't do as they are told. My kids find that a bit hard to deal with. I was going to cancel today but the gym gave me a number to call and now I am reconsidering. It has its downsides, but it is good exercise. And it gets me to the gym even when I don't want to go. I will think about it some more.

I've been carefully moderating my carbohydrate intake and testing my blood glucose levels and they have been excellent all day. Whatever "impaired glucose tolerance" I have is clearly controllable with diet and exercise. And should be reversable.

No comments:

Post a Comment