Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wednesday weigh-in: 78.6 kg

Wednesday:

My weight has been hovering between 78 and 79 kg for a few weeks now, no change there.

The soles of my feet were still a bit sore this morning. One friend suggested that I get some extra padding for inside my running shoes, my husband thinks I probably just have to toughen them up a bit. Maybe both? I'll get some inserts, and more pairs of wicking socks, and try to build up foot stamina. I used to get sore feet after about 3 or 4 km, now I'm up to 7 or 8 before the soles start to feel abraded.

My legs were also very sore (in a good way, like I'd worked the muscles hard) so I decided to have a rest day. Just half an hour of walking. And I had plenty of non-exercise things to catch up on. It's kind of funny/sad to think that three days of two hours a day is enough to exhaust me. I've had 22 hours a day when I'm not exercising to rest. Nevertheless. That is my level of fitness right now.

So I read and rated six short stories that had been submitted for publication, reviewed one book that I read a while ago, finished filing away papers from when we did our tax return on the weekend, folded some of the mountains of laundry etc.

I had written to Diabetes ACT (my state - stands for Australian Capital Territory) about whether or not I had to count carbohydrates, since my doctor didn't bring it up and my dietician friend said I didn't need to since I wasn't injecting insulin. I wasn't sure though; if I was diabetic I would have to but why not for a pre-diabetic? Today I got a response that recommended I do.

 "Slightly increased blood glucose levels will not cause the micro- and macro vascular complications seen in diabetes, but it stimulates excess insulin secretion that can contribute to the development of type 2 diabetes."

Good to get that cleared up. I am going to go to an "Introduction to prediabetes" information session they are holding in a couple of weeks.

I've been making a better effort at tracking the past few days. So many things to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment