Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Grateful

Thursday:

I can't remember ever getting excited before about getting a gas bill! But it has our new address on it so we can use it as proof to get new drivers licences etc, and I got a library card today. Just popped in here to get a walk and break from packing.

We sent that form in to our lawyers and settlement on the Canberra house should happen today, fingers crossed. And, despite them saying on the phone that it would take 2-3 weeks last time I spoke to them, an email said we should get Internet tomorrow. Everything is happening.

I should take a moment to be grateful for how things are going. I am loving the new house (on the outside it is the ugliest in a street of very pretty and very LARGE houses, but the inside is great, and don't they say to buy the worst house on the best street?), the kids seem happily settled at school, hopefully all the most stressful times are over for the moment ( as long as settlement goes through!). Tim is still working out the best way to get to and from the city, he got lost yesterday riding his bike to the station, and is very tired at the end of every day, but I'm sure that will work out. And he's not staying up late playing computer games! At least not until tomorrow...

I look forward to posting some pictures when we get theinternet up and running. And much as I like the library, I can live without being here every day.

7 comments:

  1. I went to my library today and didn't even notice how much remodeling they had done in recent months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always spent a lot of time in libraries. Free books, magazines, wifi! And a space where you are quiet yet not alone.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the pics, bet the new house is really lovely. Glad to hear the children are settling in well. That must be a very big relief!

    I admire how well you coped with the whole move. I am thinking about a move to an apartment a few hours away and am just agonizing over the decision! I am easily overwhelmed and would love any suggestions you might have for coping. Thank you Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't know if I did cope that well! I was pretty stressed sometimes. But for some reason I've always enjoyed moving (which was a lot easier with only a single person's stuff). I think it's that feeling of a clean slate. I can leave the old Natalie behind and create a new me. Actually wherever you go, there you are. But it's a chance to make a fresh start.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for replying Natalie; that's a much better attitude and way to look at things. Appreciate the input!

      Delete