Friday, June 8, 2018

Interview!

Friday:

Aiden’s home sick from school today. He’s finally succumbed to the flu that the rest of us have already had. That makes a total of eight days we’ve taken off work and school between us. I don’t work on Fridays so I didn’t have to stress about missing another day.

I all in a tizzy this afternoon as I got a call to go for a job interview next week. Very exciting. It’s exactly the same position as I’m doing for my work experience, but in a different location. Still a TAFE library, so it should use the same computer system and more or less the same procedures. Every workplace is a little different of course. They are offering part time, and it’s about half an hour drive away. Pretty ideal. My main concern is they’ll probably want someone who can work evenings which - with two youngish children - I don’t want to do. I don’t like leaving them alone at night, and they have a lot of after school activities they would have to drop out of. I already missed out on one job because of that. I need to work out before the interview what lengths I’m prepared to go to to get the job.

Interviews are scary - so easy to get flustered and have a mental blank when you need to answer a simple question!

No comments:

Post a Comment