Sunday, March 9, 2014

Losing weight

Monday:

Last week: 83.0kg
This week: 81.6kg
Loss: 1.4kg (3 pounds) yay!

Turns out all you have to do is eat healthy and exercise.

I've done walking and a tiny bit of jogging (I was amazed that I can jog for a whole minute, three times. I really didn't think I could) and some dancing and our kickboxing game "Fighters Uncaged". The kickboxing is a killer, I could barely walk afterwards. And I felt nauseous for a couple of hours too, I think that was because lunch had hardly any carbs and my pre-diabetic body struggled to balance my energy needs. I have to make sure I have carbs before I exercise.

It's going really well, eating lots of vegetables, no hunger or cravings so far. Giving up salt is probably the biggest struggle. I haven't added any pure salt to anything but I've still had soy sauce and some packaged stock - stuff like that is full of sodium.

I'm not as fit as I used to be but I can still do more than I thought - I'm up to 45 minutes straight moderate intensity already. On Friday I thought a 30 min walk nearly killed me!

Sleep is much the same. It's a long weekend here so I don't hand the equipment back in until tomorrow morning, and then don't hear for a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the weight loss! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, all that exercise sounds like fun!
    Congrats on the weightloss and sticking to your diet plan too!
    Hope you enjoyed the long weekend and fireworks :D

    ReplyDelete