Wednesday, October 22, 2014

CPAP compliance

Thursday:

I think one of my big problems at the moment is my lack of CPAP compliance. I'm supposed to wear my CPAP every night because of sleep apnoea. I was really good when I first got it. Then I got the flu and couldn't use it for a while, and since then I've been struggling. I rip it off after six hours (I call that a win) or four hours or two, or I'm lying awake and it's annoying me so I take it off before I even get to sleep, or quite often I decide I have a slightly blocked nose or sore throat so won't even try.

But I have to wear it for a reason. I need it to get proper sleep without waking up every four minutes or so. Today I had two naps in my comfy chair, one in the morning and then one after my kids got home when they kept trying to talk to me! My eyes just kept closing. Unacceptable. That is an unprecedented level of tiredness for me.

So I hereby make a new commitment to wear it every night. If it bugs me, well I just need to get used to it again.

5 comments:

  1. I have a problem with ripping it off in my sleep without knowing. It comes and goes, but generally I don't have much issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever done that. I'm definitely awake when I rip it off!

      Delete
  2. My husband had a problem with his, and it turns out his mask wasn't the right size. We had them send several different types, and one of them works perfectly and he hasn't wanted to rip it off since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Biz. I tried a few masks before I settled on this one. It is comfortable in my nose, I am more bothered by not being able to thrash around in bed.

      Delete
  3. I can't stand having anything covering my face, it makes me very claustrophobic, so I can't even imagine being able to sleep with one. I hope you get some restful sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete