Saturday, October 4, 2014

Floriade Mk4

Saturday:

I had a good day today. Everyone else took the kids to their swimming lesson this morning so I had the house to myself for a little while, then we had a nice lunch and off to Floriade.

We found a dinosaur ...

And a mutant tulip with one stem but lots of flowers ...

And some pretty pansies ...

And walked 5 km during the 2.5 hours. It was a very warm sunny day, I was wishing I'd worn shorts instead of jeans.

When we got home I made dinner while everyone else had a nap or played on the computer, and now I am exhausted! But it was an enjoyable day. I've mostly been able to avoid hearing any political arguments by the simple tactic of leaving the room. Although there are some comments going on behind me right now. I will block my ears. It all other respects grandad is a great visitor, excellent with the kids and happy to eat any kind of food (unlike my own parents, who both have very specific diet preferences) and willing to go along with anything.

The kids are being put to bed, then no doubt there will be some games, maybe Trivial Pursuit. If I can stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment