Saturday, July 9, 2011

The plan

Woke this morning feeling all full of snot. You know how it runs down the back of your throat all night, making your throat sore and your stomach queasy? Yeah. Why aren't I better yet?

Anyway, last night I was trying to come up with some kind of plan. It is July already, half the year is gone. And a whole year since my 40th birthday when I started this blog, with little to show for it. I was watching Biggest Loser US and thinking that it was (comparatively) easy for them, it is like their job just to exercise. So...

I am snowed under work for the next 6 weeks, but I have decided to block out the 6 weeks after that. I won't accept any freelance work or commit myself to anything else. And I will devote much of my 4 days a week (school hours) to exercising. I'm not saying I will exercise 5 hours a day, but I will try for 2. Or even 3. Say a long session in the gym plus a brisk walk. It will be the start of spring and hopefully I can have some lovely walks around pretty Canberra - and Floriade (the flower show) will be on too. And really get some use out of my deluxe gym membership!

I will still do some editing work for my ongoing employer, who I have been neglecting, they are short jobs measured in hours rather than weeks so I can fit them into my exercise schedule. But I am not going to worry about how much money I am making/not making. We don't rely on my income anyway. And my health really needs urgent attention. I can't use work as an excuse not to exercise.

Hopefully I will get my body into some kind of shape and routine. Then I have to maintain it, and improve on it. It will be warmer then, maybe it won't be so hard to get out of bed early.

Now I just have to work out how to exercise in this current 6 week period, I can't do nothing. But how to fit it in?

No comments:

Post a Comment