Friday, February 8, 2013

Full not stuffed

Saturday:

I'm trying to work on portion sizes. In my quest to have healthy yet delicious and interesting lunches (with no wheat or processed food), I've been ending up with fairly elaborate meals that are as large as I would have at dinner time. Some say you should have the majority of your calories earlier in the day anyway, but since I like to have a big dinner I shouldn't eat so much at lunch time. Today I had a much smaller serve and was very satisfied: full but not stuffed. I feel much better -- sort of cleaner and more virtuous -- and hopefully won't get so sleepy in the afternoon.

Missed Parkrun again today but deliberately this time. As well as being a stinking hot day (although it probably wasn't too bad at 8 am) I am super busy getting an editing job finished and preparing for my sister-in-law's baby shower tomorrow.

I'll avoid all the cupcakes and gingerbread. I'll make sure to take some fruit so there is something I can eat and enjoy.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment