Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Trying to turn it around

Wednesday:

After that fried chicken binge my weight was up 800 grams (about 2 lbs) the next morning. And it's only gone down a little bit today. Still working on it. It is very discouraging that one meal can undo a week's work. Not worth it! My husband also gained a kilo but lost most of it again straight away.

Yesterday I went for a long walk after dropping the kids at school, and then came home and did some dancing. Then went out to lunch with my husband -- we made healthy choices at a Thai restaurant but it probably still had a lot of salt. Then last night we had D&D and I ate a fair bit of chocolate. So even though I was within my calories, I guess there are good reasons why I haven't dropped the fried chicken weight.

Today I had planned to go to the gym for the first time in ages and do a Body Pump class and then try to work out the stepper. When I've tried before I get on and just sinks slowly to the ground. But I didn't end up going because I would have had to rush and I didn't want to rush. I wanted to sit and have a cup of tea and then put on some laundry as my son had no clean school uniform today and had to wear non-uniform shorts and we are nearly out of towels and the laundry is overflowing with dirty clothes, all on the floor because all the baskets are currently full of clean clothes in the bedroom. So I guess I'm doing more dancing today instead.

Then I'll be going out to lunch again with some colleagues for a catch-up chat but I know that the food there is greasy and not very nice so I am taking my own bit of chicken and salad (which will be fine at this place, the cafeteria at the museum).

I was up peeing several times last night -- trying to flush out the salt I assume -- and I'm feeling tired and blah today. But life goes on regardless, things to do! Fat to make cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment