Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More annoyingly variable scales


My "binge" last night wasn't as bad as I thought, 265 calories. Still, something to avoid.

Weigh-in this morning was even more frustrating than usual. 82.1 (arg!) twice, 81.1, 81.6 twice, 81.0, 81.6, 82.0 then 81.1 four times. It is like that saying: a man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never sure. I'm going with 81.1 because I got that the most times and because it is a loss; but I don't trust it.

Then of course my husband got on and off the scales five times with the same number every time. So it is just me - my bodyweight fluctuates from second to second. By a kilo.

My husband thinks I am spending too much time counting calories, but tracking is shown to be very effective in weight loss and I really think it is helping me. He is all for me losing weight and getting healthy, but he only believes in exercise - not dieting. I need both to lose what I need to lose.

-photo copyright Nik Stanbridge

No comments:

Post a Comment