Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Good and bad

Wednesday:

The good news is that Tim has a job interview on Friday in Sydney, which is where we want to move. He could have Skyped it but we think face-to-face is better for something so important. I've talked before about why he needs to change jobs - current one is stressful mainly because of the people - and all our family is in Sydney where we both grew up. Parents are getting older, our own generation is having kids, seems like a nice time to be back with family.

Nothing is certain, of course, but he is very qualified for this job so we have high hopes. But you never know if they already have an in-house favourite. It would be a drop in pay but we feel that it's worth it at this point.

The bad news is that I am sick again/still. That makes three weeks sick with a couple of improvements in the middle, making me think I was nearly better. Yesterday I woke with a horrible sore throat again and started to feel unwell in the afternoon. Today, after a restless night, the throat is worse and I feel generally tired and sick. It is so frustrating! I'm going to miss my son's contribution to school assembly today (no way I'm going to go and infect a hall full of kids and parents) and I'll miss Salsabor again tonight. We've already missed two - or is it three? - classes which makes it tricky to keep up. Luckily we both have some dance training in other styles which helps. I'm just sick of being sick.

I'm shying away from solid food and I'll be living on soup and tea today.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to your husband! And get well wishes to you. I hope you are feeling better quickly!

    ReplyDelete