Monday, June 6, 2016

Wild weather

Monday:

There was 3 cm of water inside our older car that was parked in the street during the downpour all weekend. Tim's father's house leaked and they had a little river running across the floor. Houses were evacuated in my brother's suburb (but he is up a hill). Crazy wild weather! At least we know this house is rainproof! Gloomy and cold but not raining this morning so the kids went to school as usual, I had been considering keeping them at home if it was bad. Jasmine's high school is a series of separate buildings that she would have to run between from class to class.

I weighed 81.4 kg this morning, much the same (slightly down) as last week.

Since my sleep has been much worse since starting to use my CPAP again, I didn't use it last night. In the past, it's taken me a few nights to get used to the CPAP but then it's got better. Not this time. Every night I would lie awake for a couple of hours, sleep an hour or two at most, then wake and claw it off. Noisy, sweaty, uncomfortable. And I was feeling so tired every day. The point of it is to help me sleep better! Without it last night, I still lay awake for a while. As soon as my head hit the pillow it was full of regrets about the past, worries from the present, and fears for the future. I tossed and turned. But at last I got to sleep and had a much better night. I felt quite good today. My doctor won't be happy with me but I don't see how less sleep is the better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment