Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Lucy

Tuesday:

One of the four heavily pregnant women in my family had her baby on Sunday (or Sat night maybe) and we just found out her name is Lucy. We haven't seen her yet, apparently she is a little small, not sure why as she is not early and her mother had gestational diabetes which is more likely to result in a large baby. I don't really have any details. Anyway, she is doing fine but still in hospital and we haven't seen her yet except for a cute photo. Crossed fingers everything works out well.

Another mostly-rest day for me but I did get out and do the grocery shopping and I'm fine really. I've made follow-up appointments with my GP and gyno.

I tried an interesting recipe for lunch - pizza with the base made out of broccoli. It took a long time but I suppose the dough kind does too. I food-processed the broccoli until it was rice sized, steamed it in the microwave, let it cool, mixed in an egg and some cheese, flattened it out, cooked it for 25 mins, added sauce cheese and shredded chicken and cooked it again. By this time it was 2:00 pm and it wasn't really seeming worth it! The crispy bits round the edge were pretty yummy but the whole middle was too moist and fell apart. I'd thought it was dry enough and didn't do the "squeeze the steamed broccoli in a tea towel" step. Silly me! I could get the same flavour by cooking some broccoli with cheese on it in the oven, so not sure if I will go through all that again. Still have half left though to reheat for another lunch.

I'm still going strong on the low carb Mediterranean diet, tonight I had my first square of (70% dark) chocolate for over a week, surely a new record!

4 comments:

  1. So lovely when there's a new babe in the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By Christmas there will be four! Which is why I am hosting.

      Delete
  2. I've made low carb pizza w/a cauliflower crust - there again, it turned out well but it was a lot of work! Rumor has it that someone's coming out w/commercially available LC crust - frozen I presume? but if cost is not astronomical, well worth buying for convenience's sake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might get the recipe for besan (chickpea) flour base as well, I've heard people make nice LC wraps from that.

      Delete