Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers' Day

Sunday:

Happy Mothers' Day to all mothers out there!

It was my first Mothers' Day since my mother's death, and I'm also worried about my dad, so that was a bit sad. But mostly I had a lovely day. Tim cooked breakfast and dinner (and dessert) and we went out to lunch. I got presents and cuddles from my lovely children.

We also went out to see some live modern dance at the theatre, it was actually a birthday present I bought for my husband. Unfortunately it wasn't very good. Instead of being in the big theatre, we were directed to a small dingy room around the side. The choreographer introduced every piece, and it was obviously her trying to relive her glory days when her art was edgy and controversial - literally 50 years ago. It was all to 60s music that only the oldest people in the audience recognised, or else to weird spoken word "music" or erratic drumbeats etc. She told us proudly that some of the costumes were the originals from the first production - you could tell, they were a bit threadbare and didn't fit properly.

Maybe it wasn't quite as bad as all that. Not quite. There were a few decent moments. Anyway, we got our enjoyment after the show making fun of it after we were safely away and out of earshot of the performers.

It was a freezing cold day with a bit of icy rain so it was nice to get home to have dinner and relax in front of the TV.

I hope everyone, mothers or not, had a lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. The theater experience sounds comical. I'm glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete