Wednesday, April 10, 2013



Procrastination time! So many other things I should be doing ...

I don't know if it was anything to do with the party, but on Sunday morning my bathroom scales wouldn't work. I tried new batteries, I tried leaving all batteries out for hours so it could reset, but the numbers continued to sweep up and down and not settle on anything other than a string of Fs (it's supposed to be E for error, it couldn't even get that right). So I'll need to get a new scale, but for the first time in a couple of years I haven't weighed myself for days.

Then that morning (or it might have been the Monday) I decided to start tracking calories etc again (as I often do of a Monday) and my tracker didn't have a listing for the first thing I ate so I just decided to let that go too. No numbers this week! I have no idea what I weigh or how much I'm eating!

I've been trying to eat clean food, avoiding processed and eating more whole grains. I've been doing pretty well at that. Still lovely white sugar in my tea, though.

I've been wondering for a while if I'm becoming lactose intolerant. It worries me that I think about this stuff so much -- am I turning into my mother? I don't want food to be the focus of my life: allowed to eat this, not allowed to eat that, this food is good, that food is evil. On the other hand it makes sense to eat things that promote health and not things that upset my stomach and make me feel horrible (or stay obese). Anyway, last night I had a cup of hot chocolate, made with the last of the special chocolate flakes my husband bought me for Valentine's Day, and shortly afterwards felt intensely nauseated and my stomach bloated out so much I had to undo my jeans. I had it straight after dinner so the fajitas could also be a culprit although they have never bothered me before. I have dairy all the time, in the form of cheese or occasionally yoghurt, but I rarely have a whole mug of milk like that. Somthing to keep an eye on.

After my first zombie run I was sore for a couple of days, but after yesterday's run I was a bit sore immediately afterwards but I'm fine today. So that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment