Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shins and books

more Wednesday:

I got out for my next zombie run this afternoon, week 2 day 3! I've finished two whole weeks! I took the kids to the school oval and they played with a ball while I walked/ran around the outside. Not as bad as Monday, but still quite painful for my shins. I'm still hooked on the whole zombie app thing so I'll keep going.

I just re-read Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food" which is compelling stuff, and particularly enjoyable because it reinforces my current belief in the real food cult. I also read Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project" (I've been reading her blog for a while) which was interesting. And "Hungry for Change" by James Colquhoun and Laurentine Ten Bosch but that is all about green juice fasts and detoxing so not so much in my line -- still promoting the real food thing though.

It's part of my working life to read a lot of fiction and usually I love that but for the past month or so I've been feeling really resistant to starting new books. I've re-read a heap of old favourites, I'm still reading through most of my free time, but maybe I'm a bit burnt out. I'll try a few book but put it down after a few pages, just can't make the commitment. Oh well, I'll get back to it soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment