Sunday, January 18, 2015

Back on the diet

Sunday:

Back in the healthy eating mindset. Trying, anyway. Certainly not perfect.

I weighed in at 82.7 kg. I started the dietbet, a little under two weeks ago, at 83.2 so I guess overall I am half a kg down. Actually a gain since I last weighed myself before I went away, but its to be expected with all the stress and eating out. I completely forgive myself for the lack of progress but it's time to get back into it.

I ate too many carbs today - lots of bread - and a little bit of chocolate.

I think exercise is going to be even harder. I just have no motivation. Spending over a week in various hotel beds with stupid pillows (why do you always get a choice between 'sinks so flat in 3 seconds that you might as well not have one' and 'so high and hard that you dangle from it with no shoulder support') really stuffed up my damaged shoulders and I'm still recovering from that. And my ankle is still stiff every morning, and hurts when I do any more than walk - going down stairs is awkward. I probably need to do some strengthening exercises, but do I wait until it is better first? I feel a bit tired and old and uninspired. But committed to making progress.

I added some photos to last week's posts, but here is one of me on Diamond Beach on the first day we were there, when it was rather cloudy but perfect for a walk.

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute!

    I am very sorry for your loss. My mom died 30 years ago, and I still miss her. You have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete