Saturday, January 24, 2015

Never enough

Saturday:

This is my third day of trying to drink lots and lots of water (and watering my plant on Plant Nanny). The app tells me to drink 12 glasses of water a day. That seems like a lot to me, a silly amount, considering I usually have less than half that including tea. But you know what? It isn't enough. The more I drink, the thirstier I get. I'm usually very dehydrated (every blood or urine test I've ever had said so), so I guess now my body knows I'm not living in a desert and water is readily available it wants to make up for lost time. Today I finished my 12 glasses before dinner, hoping to avoid getting up five times tonight, but I'm too thirsty to stop drinking. How much is enough?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know the answer to "enough", but I drink a gallon each day. Like you I have to get it in before 5PM so I'm not up all night going to the bathroom. My wife drinks 1/2 gallon. I find it 10x easier to lose weight when I drink lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do some calculations (didn't know what a gallon was) but I think a gallon is 15 glasses. I think 12 is achievable for me.

      Delete