Friday, October 4, 2013

Halfway through the holidays

Saturday:

Well the first week of school holidays is over. My husband will be back to work on Tuesday. We haven't done a lot this week, both Aiden and I have been sick (yes, again! so frustrating). My father-in-law is visiting for several days at the moment, then my dad and his girlfriend will come for a couple of days, then my mum and brother, so we are pretty much booked up for the rest of the holidays with houseguests. It's nice to see them all, but a bit tiring, when I'm not well I'd really just rather sit around and watch TV and read rather than have to be social. Luckily they are all family so I have a fair bit of leeway on how I behave! Tim has done most of the housework and some of the cooking so that has made it a lot easier.

Yet again I am napping instead of exercising. It makes me sad and angry and frustrated and I have to keep reminding myself that my very minor illnesses are a mere blip in a great life.

On the up side my new contraceptive pill seems to have fixed all the girly problems.

I find having houseguests very challenging in terms of my diet. I am learning, to my sorrow, that I am a food pusher. I use guests as an excuse to cook fancy (unhealthy) food to impress them. Afternoon tea. Dessert. Supper. I get cranky with my dad when he doesn't eat my dessert because it's got cream in it (poison!) as he washes down his heart medication with a bottle of wine and then eats half a block of chocolate. I go to a lot of trouble cooking for people instead of spending time with them. I need to get a handle on that. It's not good for my diet, or for theirs! Why I am forcing unhealthy food on people? I need to keep all that celebration food for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment