Sunday, June 29, 2014

The French Navy

Sunday:

There is a joke that the unofficial motto of the French Navy is "A léau cést l'heure".

My husband and I were falling over laughing at this. It only works if you know some basic French.
*(Explanation at the end)

I didn't really do anything today. It's been bitingly cold and raining here most days lately, so we don't spend much time outside. It was nice, though, just being home with the family. At one point I was watching a nature documentary with my son on one knee and my puppy on the other, while my husband and daughter were out looking for birthday presents for me. Not a bad way to spend an hour on a chilly afternoon.

What I did do was stick to my food plan. I am finding 1600 much more comfortable, it isn't a struggle to stick to. We'll see how my weight goes this week. I'm prepared to struggle a bit if that is what I need to do to lose weight. But it has to be achievable or I'm just setting myself up for failure.

I have been struggling a little bit with thoughts of my birthday. I have a strong sense of entitlement, that I should be able to take the day off from dieting and just stuff myself with whatever I want. And I could do that. But I also feel entitled to lose weight, get rid of my CPAP, and live a healthier life. I don't think "just one day" of overeating junk is worth the possibility a major setback. And it might not be "just one day", sometimes it can be hard to pull it back after a binge. So I am still determined to be moderate. Eat a bit more than usual, but not too much more.

* We puzzled over the meaning of these words for a while, and why it was supposed to be a joke. The water is the hour? Something like that? What does that mean and why is it funny? Then we tried saying it out loud. "A-lo say-ler". Hello sailor! Well, we thought it was funny!

1 comment:

  1. Let me say--a little early-- Happy Birthday!!!
    You know yourself better than anyone. If you feel something is threatening to your positive momentum--get the claws out! Protect your journey, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete