Thursday, June 5, 2014

Weigh day

Thursday:

Starting weight: 85.3 kg
Last week: 83.9 kg
This week: 83.1 kg
Loss this week: 0.8 kg
Total loss: 2.2 kg

I am happy with a loss of 0.8 kg this week, 0.5 - 1.0 per week is supposed to be healthy and sustainable.

Thor slept from when we put him to bed around 11:00 (he has naps all day, but on someone's lap or in his little day bed next to the computer, but at night he has a crate in the bathroom) until 5:00 am! Getting better and better. And I had my CPAP on that whole time. The humidifier lid did pop open early on but I just shut it again. Not sure if there is a fault or if I'm not latching it properly. Anyway, it was a great stretch of sleep. Then another hour and a half or so after that. I must have been woken at a bad time during my sleep cycle the second time, I was very groggy and it was hard to get myself out of bed. But since that passed I've felt much better today.

When I took Thor outside after lunch I even jogged a couple of laps of the backyard with him instead of mainly watching him sniff around. He had his first bath this afternoon, it's the first halfway sunny day we've had. Not too traumatic, and I didn't get all that wet.

Today's task in the Beck book is to think about how to respond to food pushers and prepare for it. I don't think I have a problem with this one. I've been a fussy eater all my life so I've had a lot of practice saying "no thanks." Or sometimes I will accept something and have a taste but if I don't like it I just leave it and don't feel too guilty. I never feel like I need to finish everything on my plate. And I don't currently have anyone in my life who tries to push food on me.

I do think that Dr Beck underestimates the hurt a food pusher can feel if their food is rejected. Some people, particularly women of an older generation who might not have worked outside the home, can base a lot of their self esteem on other people appreciating their cooking. I am not so extreme, but I do feel proud when people like my food and disappointed if they don't eat something I've taken a lot of trouble to make. Having said that, I don't think people should give in to food pushers! The dieter's long-term health and happiness is more important than a few moments of disappointment.

We have a long weekend coming up here (Queen's Birthday) and we have people staying here all weekend (two different groups on different nights). I've been thinking about how this will affect my food plan. I've decided that mostly I will stick to what I would eat anyway. I will buy some biscuits for snacks but only kinds I don't like much so I'm not even tempted, and also offer healthier options like fruit and cheese. On one night I will have yogurt and fruit for dessert while I offer everyone else ice cream and fruit (of yoghurt if they want it, of course) and the other night, my only extra treat, I will make small individual chocolate mousses for dessert. I worked it out to be around 280 calories each if I used the recipe that is supposed to make 4 to make 6 smaller ones. Apart from that I will be making and eating the kind of food I have been for the past couple of weeks.

Day 15 successfully accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment