Friday, September 5, 2014

Gone

Saturday:

This morning I got up around 6:30 to take Thor out, then spent some time with him and also tidied the house. At around 9:30 the buyers came, we all approved of each other and they took Thor away with them. Both adults work from home and there are two children a little older than mine, plus two cats. They asked lots of questions, which I found reassuring, I'm sure he's gone to a good home. They also invited us to visit whenever we liked.

I feel a bit sad, but also relieved. Not so much that he is gone, but that the dissonance between deciding to sell him and actually having him leave is over. It only took 48 hours, which was good for me, because I am always uncomfortable in the space between knowing something will happen and it actually happening. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

It's my guilt-free eat-what-I-like day! I am planning a favourite not-as-healthy dinner and dessert. And some chocolate. And I didn't have any vegetables with breakfast - what a rebel! But I am not going to binge all day. I don't want to undo all the good work, and anyway I bet it would just make me feel sick. But individual passionfruit cheesecake for dessert? Yum! The tricky part is not feeling guilty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment