Tuesday, July 22, 2014

No sleep

Tuesday:

Tim didn't get to sleep until about 3am (he's somewhat better this morning, sitting up and eating toast) which meant I also didn't get to sleep until around 3am. And I got up at 6.30 to let the puppy out. Actually I thought I heard the puppy so I got up and put on my dressing gown, glasses and shoes (it's below freezing outside at night now, need proper shoes) then realised all was quiet. I climbed back into bed with everything still on, with my shod feet sticking awkwardly out the side. After a while I decided the sheets needed changing anyway since my husband has been ill so I just pulled my feet in. I did take off my glasses eventually. Thor woke about 15 minutes later. I don't know if it was him the first time or I dreamed it.

I was so tired and headachy. I bullied the kids into getting ready for school and we were just about ready to leave when my daughter reminded me I hadn't made their lunches. Threw some things into their backpacks. Took Thor with us but I got so cranky with him pulling my arm off that I gave up only a few houses away and said goodbye to the kids there and dragged the puppy home again. I just couldn't deal with it and was going to lose my temper badly with him, better to just go home and take him for a walk later.

I felt better after lunch and took Thor for a short walk, then he got another short walk when we picked up the kids. The early afternoon was spent with an electrician here fixing all the things wrong with our lighting. We have a light in the bathroom again! No more candles. Bathing by candlelight is quite soothing, but you can't read.

... (Wednesday) I was too tired to finish this post yesterday. I took Jasmine to her dance class then Tim felt well enough to go ahead with our games night. I would have much rather TV and early night. I ate too much chocolate trying to stay awake, and eventually went to bed early while Tim & the others continued to play. After a good night's sleep I still feel really tired, need more to catch up.

My RSI is playing up so I can't do too much computer time today. I had to leave full-time work 12 years ago and can now only work a few hours a day because of RSI in my shoulders, arms & hands. It is usually under control, except when I spend too much time on the computer, sit around too much (including long car trips), it's cold weather or cold air conditioning like at a movie, I'm sick or it's that time of the month, and/or I'm tired. At the moment basically all of those are in force. Different bits flare up, at the moment my pectoral muscles hurt and the bases of both thumbs are swollen and inflamed. Hard to type. I need to look after myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment