Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday weigh in

Thursday:

Starting weight: 85.3 kg
Last week: 82.3 kg
This week: 82.1 kg
Loss: 0.2 kg
Total loss: 3.2 kg

I am disappointed with myself this week. An infinitesimal loss. It is obvious why, I have been eating too much these past few days.

I am really worried that the honeymoon is over with this diet. That may be quite a good analogy. Just because the honeymoon period is over you don't give up on the relationship. You just have to work at it harder. The basics - drinking more water, preplanning everything, weighing my food instead of guesstimating, reading my flash cards for motivation. I'm going to read one before every meal and snack. [edit: I didn't! But I will keep trying to remember to do that.]

So I looked at that tiny weight loss (better than a gain though, right!), took a deep breath and had a good day. We took Thor for his walk, then went to an indoor playground in the morning (while I read a book), lunch at home, then haircuts and grocery shopping in the afternoon. Lots of opportunities to snack off-plan, but I didn't. Kept to my plan and my calories and feel good about today.

2 comments:

  1. You're so right about the honeymoon period. When we start, we typically lose faster and it gets intoxicating almost--you know? But here we are--and we must convince ourselves that what we're doing isn't a quick and easy means for weight loss--it's a measured and consistent approach for long term success. Along the way, if we choose a good perspective, we start taking joy in many other things other than the dropping number on the scale---and this alternate focus distracts---then suddenly we do notice the scale and realize we're moving along just fine. You're very aware Natalie--You're making adjustments that will serve you well---calling yourself out in a sense...And you're going to make it, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss is a loss :) sometimes you just have to kick it up a notch. If it's not challenging you it's not changing you. Stick with it.

    ReplyDelete