Saturday, March 31, 2012

New month, new goals

Sunday:

It's April 1st so time to set some new goals. I achieved a lot in March; lots of exercise, earned 3 charms, and after some struggles I got back on track with my eating. Time to look ahead.

I am reasonably happy with my diet. (By "diet" I am always referring to food intake in general, not specifically restrictive eating.) I am eating a lot of vegetables and other healthy food and little junk. A few treats and one supper a week seem to be fitting in fine. I notice, however, due to my daily weigh-ins; that take-away causes an instant set-back. So that definitely won't be an every-week event. One big gain undoes several days of loss. I will work harder at organising myself so that take-away isn't needed.

I need to set some new exercise goals. The amount I am doing is pretty good but might not be sustainable once work picks up. Nevertheless, I will up my goal to 50 activity PP a week. I won't feel bad if I don't get this, but it would earn me a charm if I manage it. I will start tackling Just Dance 3 on the difficult setting, going for 5 stars in every dance again. PowerUp Heros isn't tough enough to deserve a charm, but Fighters Unchained definitely is -- I will work on getting through the whole campaign. I'll start running around the lake again, going for 45 mins. Then reducing that by 5 min increments. To hit 30 mins would mean running at 10 kmph the whole way, I don't know if that is possible for me. I am very short, and I think the fastest I have ever run is 11 kmph on a treadmill -- that was a flat-out sprint for me and I could do it for about 20 seconds. I don't think even athletes can sprint for 30 mins! But we'll see, as my fitness improves I might be able to run faster than I think.

Our garden is a disaster, but I have hired a gardener who is coming in a couple of weeks to do a major clean-up and then regular maintenance. I am hoping that this will encourage me to get outside and do some gardening myself. It was one of the many things I used to enjoy but fell by the wayside when I had kids. And got a house with a whole garden instead of just pots on a balcony.

I can't really think of anything else. I am pretty close to my first weight-loss goal of 5 kg (home scale) or 5% (WW scale) -- the two events should happen at approx the same time. Need to lose another kg. That will definitely happen this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment