Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A plague on both your houses

Tuesday:

I was feeling a bit lacklustre yesterday, today I was exhausted. I crept back into bed straight after breakfast, and also had a nap in front of the TV in the afternoon. I was blaming it on the low carbs/calories (finally sticking to the Mediterranean plan!), or just the heat, but then this evening Jasmine complained of a bad headache then started vomiting so now I think it's more likely a virus. My tummy is a little upset too, but not bad like poor Jas.

Stuck to my food plan, which is great for me - usually if I'm unwell and especially with a uneasy tummy I usually head straight for plain carbs like toast and 2 minute noodles. But I had yoghurt with passion fruit and muesli, cauliflower soup, and roast chicken with various vegetables.

Tim dropped me off at a doctor appointment to refill a script, I liked the new doctor, and I walked home which took around 15 minutes, while Tim took the kids out. I don't feel sick, just completely wiped out. Jasmine was much better by bed time, hopefully we're all healthy tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Hope you're all feeling much better quickly! Your meal choices sound delicious. I especially love the yogurt with the fruit and muesli. That always fills me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem was I don't like to crunch passion fruit seeds but I had to chew the muesli bits so I kept biting down on seeds. Might stick to other fruit when I'm mixing with muesli.

      Delete
  2. Hope you're feeling back to your old self very soon Natalie! Glad to hear Jasmine is feeling better. Maybe it's one of those 24 things?

    I always go straight for the carbs as well when I don't feel well. They set well on the stomach and are so comforting! We always had the BRAT diet when ill, bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband always wants scrambled eggs when he is ill which seems so wrong to me. I think the smell of eggs is stomach-curdling when I'm sick! Toast with vegemite is my favourite.

      I've heard of the BRAT diet, I wonder why it's applesauce specifically, not just plain apples.

      Delete
    2. I always thought the applesauce was probably a texture thing. Easier to get down mushy food. I know apples have pectin in them which is supposed to be helpful for upset stomachs so maybe that plays a role as well.

      Agree, the thought of eggs when under the weather is wrong! More power to your husband though because at least it's healthy.

      Can never go wrong with toast.

      Delete